RSS

Friday 9 September 2011

Busted

a few days ago, tantan was looking for a usb cable. instead of finding the darn thing, he discovered my secret stash of "useless" stuff. okay, okay, i admit, i have a pathological addiction to online shopping. im pretty sure i have a need for everything that i buy. but according to him, i DONT lol

useless stuff #1
6th gen ipod nano
he said i dont need this because my phone can play music too.
my defence: my phone's too big but i admit, this is a little bit too small lol

useless stuff #2
govinci doodle display back pack for the kids
he said the kids have loads of bags already and they dont need another one
my defence: this one's for art supplies =D

useless stuff #3
kor delta water bottle**
he said: not another water bottle!
my defence: none. other than it's orange and i am into orange lately *oops*. oh wait, it's bpa free? =D

useless stuff #4 - Mango clothes and accessories
he said our loft is full of boxes of my clothes alone and i have loads of new, still with tags, clothes, i dont need to buy anymore FOREVER

my defence: i dont buy designer bags and shoes. mango is not even that expensive! a girl will never have enough clothes (i really have a weakness for mango clothes, sorry)

useless stuff #5 - Gap and RL clothes for the kids
he said the kids dont need that much clothes (im turning them into me - dont know what that means lol). my mom will be arriving tomorrow from the US and she'll be bringing in lots of new clothes/toys for the boys, things that i bought online and gifts from relatives

my defence: they were sale items. how can you resist that?

useless stuff #6
8gb 3rd gen flip mino hd**
pic fr google
i dont have this one with me yet because i ordered it in the states. i have wanted to buy one for ages but it's very expensive (at least to me). i always wonder why (almost) everything is so cheap in the US. my mom's trips to the US are both a blessing and a curse lol! i bought this for only 93$ (roughly 57₤) and it's retailing here for over 100₤. its price has now gone up to 109$. but you see, i only bought it because the price was ridiculously low!

he found out about this when he was looking for something on amazon(dot)com and unfortunately, i was still logged in =D

he said i can use my phone taking videos and we have a camcorder i can use
my defence: we cant find our camcorder's charger and my phone's camera, though it has been very useful, isnt really as good as this one. sayang ang memories!

**i should stop bloghopping because i always get tempted with all the products i see being advertised =D**

~~~~~~~~~~
to my defence, i never ask him for money. whatever i buy, i buy it with my own money. and i always remind myself that i deserve all those "useless" stuff because i worked hard for the money i buy them with. and we all deserve a little treat once in a while, dont we? (in my case, a little too often for the hubby's liking =D). besides, i dont shop just for myself. i shop for the kids too (i mostly shop for them na nga e)! i would have shopped for him too if only he'll let me! and the important bit is, i only spend what extra i have left, AFTER all the expenses and SAVINGS have been accounted for. so he cant really accost me. im still contributing my share and i have a fat savings to boot =D

sorry if i sound a little boastful. but i just want to reiterate, I.WORK.HARD. ok, maybe not that hard (LOL) but I WORK (period) so i can afford some of the things money can buy. nobody can take it against me. i dont owe anybody anything, bills are all paid in time and in full. sabi nga nila, reap the fruits of your labour. im doing just that.

BUT always remember, set your priorities first. if you still have something left, then there's no reason why you shouldnt splurge and give your ego a little boost.

~~~~~~~~~~
he found the usb cable eventually and im happy to say that he's gotten over my purchases, though he still teases me about them from time to time. but i should say, it feels soooo good to be out in the open =D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
visit:

0 comments:

Post a Comment