RSS

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Almost Perfect

my sibling's holiday here would have been perfect if not for something really stupid i did while they were here.

one lovely sunny afternoon, my sister and i went out to do some grocery shopping. it was her first time to go with me (it's usually my brother who goes with me). it was also the first time that she sat beside me in front. whenever we travel, she sits at the back between her son and my youngest, kian.  my brother always sits in front (my alalay: hands me this and that lol)

driving here is different from the philippines as it's right-hand drive. she would often comment how more difficult it is to drive on the left side of the road bec of some blind spot thingy with our left eye (she drives in the phils). i would contradict her saying the principle's just the same, whether you drive on the left or right.

anyways, i parked my car beside a pedestrian walkway. there is a post at the very end. as i was pulling out, my sister suddenly said "ate, babangga ka" (on the post). i dont know what i was thinking then (well it's more like i wasnt thinking at all!), i looked at my side mirror (left side) but instead of reversing (lessening the damage), i still went on. i heard the sound of metal on metal. it's depressing and scary!!! i parked again and i asked my sister to look at the damage first. i had to force myself to get out of the car to look at the damage myself. it was bad!!! i phoned tantan and told him what i did. fortunately, he's a very calm and understanding person (if he was the one who did it, he would never hear the end of it! lol). he just said "it's ok, nothing we can do now". of course we're not gonna claim on our insurance. it will only increase our premium. and looking at the damage, it's not that sore looking. i can put up with it (say 1000 times to psyche oneself lol)

of course my sister went on again saying that i've just proven her point (blind spot - left side). i tease her that she's the bad luck lol. anyways, everytime i remember what happened, i just shake my head thinking how daft and thick i was.

parang ni-rolling pin lang!

0 comments:

Post a Comment