RSS

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Blue

blue as in boy!

credits: shabby princess, gabby badge album

i had my anomaly scan tuesday last week (@20 weeks and 3 days). i went alone as tantan wasnt given time off work to join me (school issues). anyways, i was a bit anxious and scared. i've never been to a scan, much more a very important (anomaly and gender) one, alone. my antenatal care is done at home (my midwife comes to my house) so that doesnt count - im in my comfort zone!

i was at the hospital on time, but as always, i was seen more than 20 minutes later. fortunately, the sonographer who did my scan was really chatty and has a very calming voice. i asked for 3 things:
1) pictures, of course! (if you dont ask, you dont get them. boo!)
2) to check if my subchorionic bleed is still present (it's been absorbed already so no more risks. yey!)
3) to tell me the gender

i will be a hypocrite if i tell you i didnt wish for a girl. as i've said previously, i HOPED for a boy just because we still have lots of baby boy things and it meant we wont be buying any more stuff. but i WISHED for a girl because it's still different if you've got one of each. and my our limit is 2! so i guess, i'll be the only one b*tching the boys around *evil laugh*.

i was almost certain we're having a girl this time. for one, i think i conceived days after contact (but tantan will say otherwise). then, i dont have an obvious linea negra (with cayden, around this time, i already have it and it went well past my navel) - they said if the line went up beyond the navel, you'll have a boy. if not, a girl. of course, this is one of those old wive's tales... then my first trim was totally the opposite of my pregnancy with cayden - it was a lot more difficult!

but i got over it as quickly as the sonographer told me it's a boy. im happy that the baby is healthy and i was able to get a close up view of its cute face (yawning!). and that's what matters most.

0 comments:

Post a Comment