RSS

Friday 8 October 2010

Big Bird

after my anomaly scan a week ago, a sonographer approached me and asked if i want to volunteer as a test subject for their fetal heart scanning course. the governing trust that did my scan (which is also where i work) is a teaching hospital and they run different courses to train people in their respective fields from all over the country. she said im a really good candidate because of my slim structure, which would make seeing the baby very easy. since the course was set on my day off, i said yes. it's another good excuse to see the baby!

the course is to train sonographers to detect anomalies of the fetal heart. there were 4 of us (pregnant ladies) who volunteered at that particular time slot and there were 20 people booked for the course. i had 5 people testing me for an hour. the course instructor assigned to me was a male senior OB-GYNE consultant and he was very good. before the scanning began, i asked the consultant if he'll be kind enough to confirm my baby's gender (hoping? lol). i told him that i was told the baby's a boy and i just want to see the proof =D (im just curious at what they look at/for and it's all interesting to me).

after the scan, he showed me and there it was... no doubting it's a boy lol! he took some pictures and gave them to me. too bad the whole body profile wont print and they were running out of time so i just ended up with 2 facial profiles and the pututoy pic =D. they also gave me chocolates as a token of appreciation. if it wasn't for the parking problem i had (i had to park in a very tight spot!!! - lack of space), it would have been a perfectly good experience.

oh, the scan went very well. the structure of baby's heart is all good. he was also very cooperative that the doctor said they didnt have to manipulate the probe much to get a very good view =D

the clue is in the 3rd picture!
credits: shabby princess gabby album badge

0 comments:

Post a Comment