RSS

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Get Your Sunnies Out!

july was my birth month. i was itching to buy something as a birthday treat but didnt know what. then my sister asked me to buy her a longchamp bag (because it's cheaper here than in pinas or hongkong). when i decided i wanted a bag like hers (colour and size), it's not available anymore. blessing in disguise na din because by then i realised i didnt need another longchamp bag because i already have one. i dont need another one in a diff colour. if im gonna buy something, it has to be something different so it's not a complete waste of money (me thinks).

you see, my husband's lucky im not into designer bags or shoes. i just buy high street brands (if ever i find something i fancy). not being arrogant here, if i want to, i can afford to buy a designer bag (ie LV, gucci, chanel, hermes) at least one in my lifetime naman. but i really cant justify the costs. i can buy other important stuff with that kind of money. besides, my idea of a "bag" nowadays is limited to nappy and mommy bags.

anyways, since the (longchamp) bag i wanted wasnt available anymore, i went to look for an alternative. then i remembered the cambridge satchels featured in a few blogs i frequent. what convinced me to order was the fact that it's made here in britain, handmade and in pure leather. i looked and i imagined myself using it -- carry! lol! so the problem na lang, what size and in what colour. i decided to get the 13", which i think is just the right size for my frame. then it was a toss between the red and the flourescent orange. the latter won. i figured the red is a little too "serious" for me. the orange is young and hip (and im so into orange right now - dont know why!)! i had the bag blindly embossed with 2 letters - Q and T (QT, short for my alias - qtbelle and whatever else it connotes lol).


it took over a month to be delivered. as i've mentioned, it's handmade. but the wait was so worth it. the smell of pure leather is heaven! again, you need sunnies to look at it as it's blindingly bright! but i love it! happy birthday (albeit belated) to me!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
visit:

0 comments:

Post a Comment